Saturday, November 2, 2019

An Apology, and an Update

Greetings, fellow savages!

... So. It's been a while. For those following along, it has been nearly two years and four months since I posted about the Forged Province (a setting I do intend to continue). I believe I owe anyone who was interested in my work, a long-overdue explanation. Two days after that post, I loaded up my truck with some basic supplies, gassed up, and began what would become the most influential road trip of my entire life.

Now, this was a trip I had made several times before to see my then-girlfriend (don't worry, we'll come back to her), so I wasn't that concerned. I waved goodbye to my baby brother, put on some tunes, and hit the road. I texted my parents around the halfway mark after stopping for gas and the restroom, and then...

I don't know if I hadn't slept enough, or hadn't been eating enough, but I got tired. More tired than I usually did. And I fell asleep. I woke up briefly, as I was losing control in the median, over-corrected onto the road, and flipped my truck several times. There are vague memories in my head of covering my face as I was slammed back and forth, of lying on my back in a daze while concerned onlookers stood over me and told me the ambulance was on its way, of the long ride to the hospital, of trying to get someone to answer my constantly-ringing phone, knowing my girlfriend was getting more and more worried.

But, let's skip ahead a few months.

I was in a neck brace until the end of October 2017; getting that damn thing off was by far the best birthday present I could have gotten. My girlfriend, ever the saint, had moved into my parents' house to help with my recovery. I proposed to her that Christmas eve, and we got married this past spring.

On the gaming side of things, the supers game got put on hold until I was back home. My players ended up wrapping the series with a time-hopping adventure called Judge Fool, which proved to be a fun romp and gave the players a few good opportunities to flex their powers on a more cosmic scale (and I got to do a Joker impression, which is always a fun time). The games I was in wrapped up as well, one with a bang, the other with a whimper. I suppose you had to have been there.

I haven't been on Myth Weavers or Roll20 lately, as my schedule simply hasn't allowed me to play all that much, but I'm hoping to turn that around. All of my family members (including my sister-in-laws) have now tried out Savage Worlds, and I'm hoping to gather my brothers and their wives in the next few months to start a full-fledged Deadlands campaign, based in the Republic of Deseret.

And me? Well, my neck feels just fine, and we just celebrated our first Halloween in our own home. We're starting to save up for some little ones, as well, so here's to hoping that the love of Savage Worlds continues to the new generation.

As for the Forged Province... stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment

An Apology, and an Update

Greetings, fellow savages! ... So. It's been a while. For those following along, it has been nearly two years and four months since I ...